we answer all your frequently asked questions on the reopening of our crunch clubs!
Please be kind, considerate and mindful of our team and each other as we navigate this new way. Together we can make 2020 the best COMEBACK year of all time!
Will I need to book for classes?
You won’t be required to book for classes. However, for classes we'll need;
- Members to register for a class no more than 15 min prior by advising reception of the class they wish to attend and provide their membership card to be validated
- If the member is a Peak or Summit member they will be added to the list unless the class has hit the capacity limit
- Instructors will collect the registration sheet prior to class and check attendance before they start
- If members are present in the class and they are not on the list and the class is over capacity they will be asked to leave.
- Members cannot bring guests to classes on their membership and they can only attend one class per day.
***Bring your own mat, water bottle and towel***
How many people allowed in a Group Fitness class at one time?
(NSW) For NSW, we must adhere to the one person per 4 square metre rue. Check with your club to find out capacity limits.
(VIC) Group Fitness classes are limited to 10 people at a time.
Is Crunch Fitness Highpoint open?
We’re pressing Rewind and Pause at Crunch Highpoint. We have been forced back in to Stage 3 of Victorian restrictions coming in to effect 11.59pm Wednesday 1st July and will stay closed until at least Wednesday 29th July. If it’s your home club don’t worry - we have put your membership on hold and there will be absolutely no charges to you at this time. Check our your email for further information relating to your membership.
Are Group Fitness Timetables affected?
We’ve had to make some changes, please visit our online timetable for the latest schedule.
How many people allowed in the gym at one time?
For NSW, we must adhere to the one person per 4 square metre rule. Check with your specific Club to find out capacity limits. We've created zones around the gym for VIC Clubs, limited to 20 people per zone.
How do we ensure all members get a chance to workout with the restrictions placed on gyms?
We’re asking VIC members to limit gym time to 60 minutes so everyone can Perspire to Greatness. There are no time restrictions for NSW Crunch gyms.
Am I still able to attend other Crunch locations other than my Home Club if I’m on a Peak or Summit membership?
Yes, you’re still able to use all Crunch locations if you’re a Peak or Summit member.
Can I use Fitness Passport at Crunch?
During Stage Two of the Governments Plan, Crunch Fitness has limited capacity due to the restriction on the number of people who can work out. Unfortunately Fitness Passport is currently unavailable and will be re-introduced later.
Am I still able to bring a guest or use a free pass?
So we can prioritise Crunch Members, all Guest privileges for Peak and Summit members as well as Free Passes are temporarily unavailable.
Will showers and rest & recovery lounges be available?
For your safety and to ensure all members can perspire to greatness, some facilities are temporarily unavailable. Showers and water fountains are available. Rest and recovery facilities such as Hydro Massage, Theragun and Spray Tanning are unavailable.
Are Crunch Opening Hours affected?
Crunch NSW & VIC clubs are now open and will resume normal trading hours.
Is Crunch Live still available for all members?
The fun doesn’t stop! ALL Crunch members will continue to have FREE access to Crunch Live online streaming workouts, so you can continue to Perspire To Greatness.
Can I still Come in for a casual visit?
Casual visits will be temporarily suspended.
Is it safe to come back to the gym?
Absolutely! We’ve done all we can to prepare for your return and making sure your Club is SAFE, FRESH AND CLEAN:
- Cleaning & Maintenance. We've completed additional deep-cleaning and disinfecting of the entire gym, including all equipment and surfaces. Plus we've performed preventative maintenance on all equipment
- Additional Hygiene Equipment. We've added additional alcohol-based hand sanitisers at Club entry and increased the number of disinfecting equipment throughout the Club
- Social Safety Signage. We've introduced social safety signage and guidelines throughout the Club and applied social safety measures to gym and Cardio equipment
- Increased Hygiene Safety. We will increase our cleaning frequency, particularly in high traffic areas. There's also additional sanitising and disinfectant available throughout the club
We also need your help! The safety of you and our Crunch Family is always top priority, so we ask that upon your return:
- Be Safe & Healthy. If you are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms, please skip your workout and see a doctor immediately. Do not attend your Club
- Hygiene Safety. Please use a fresh towel every time you work out - no towel, no workout. Use hand sanitiser upon entry, wash your hands with soap before and after your workout and ensure you wipe down all equipment after use.
- Physical Distancing. Please maintain 1.5 meters from your fellow Crunchies on the gym floor, in class and the locker room. There will be signage throughout the Club and guidelines.
When will I be billed?
We can’t wait to start Crunching together again! For those of you in NSW, your membership subscription AUTOMATICALLY RESTARTED on the 13th June 2020 and your first billing date was the 19th June 2020.
For Victorian Crunchies, your membership subscription AUTOMATICALLY RESTARTED on the 22nd June 2020. Your first billing date will be Friday, 26th June 2020 and will cover your access from the 22/6 to the 2/7.
You will be credited any unused days from before the mandatory shutdown (happy dance). Your on-going membership fortnightly billing and annual fee if applicable will recommence as normal from the 3rd of July 2020.
And remember, as of 23/3/20 we put all current memberships on hold and there were absolutely NO CHARGES to you during our closure. Please note that due to the nature of our mandatory closure and the absence of staff from 12pm 23/03/20, any communication you may have sent us regarding your membership was unable to be processed. Once your Club is reopen, you can contact them directly if you still have any queries or requests – we’d love to help!