we answer all your frequently asked questions on the reopening of our crunch clubs!
Please be kind, considerate and mindful of our team and each other as we navigate this new way. Together we can make 2020 the best COMEBACK year of all time!
Will I need to book to attend the gym?
You do not need to book.
Bookings are now required, Crunch will have an easy online booking system. You can book into sessions up to 24 hours in advance for a 1 hour session (55 minutes to workout and 5 minute turnaround). Click here for details on how to book online! As of Monday 23rd, you will be required to book for classes only. Click here for full details.
Will I need to book for classes?
You won’t be required to book for classes. However, for classes we'll need;
- Members to register for a class no more than 15 min prior by advising reception of the class they wish to attend and provide their membership card to be validated
- If the member is a Peak or Summit member they will be added to the list unless the class has hit the capacity limit
- Instructors will collect the registration sheet prior to class and check attendance before they start
- If members are present in the class and they are not on the list and the class is over capacity they will be asked to leave.
***Bring your own mat, water bottle and towel***
As of Monday 23rd, you will be required to book for classes.
How many people allowed in a Group Fitness class at one time?
For NSW, we must adhere to the one person per 4 square metre rue. Check with your club to find out capacity limits.
Is Crunch Fitness Victoria open?
We’re on the comeback and we’re opening up VIC Crunch clubs on Monday 9th November! Click here to view Victorian Government Requirements.
Are Group Fitness Timetables affected?
We’ve had to make some changes, please visit our online timetable for the latest schedule.
How many people allowed in the gym at one time?
For NSW, we must adhere to the one person per 4 square metre rule. Check with your specific Club to find out capacity limits. For VIC, there is a patron cap of up to 150 people & group/ class sizes up to 20 people.
Am I still able to attend other Crunch locations other than my Home Club if I’m on a Peak or Summit membership?
Yes, you’re still able to use all Crunch locations if you’re a Peak or Summit member.
Can I use Fitness Passport at Crunch?
Yes, we are now allowing Fitness Passports at the following Clubs: Caringbah, Chatswood, Rockdale and Mortdale.
Am I still able to bring a guest or use a free pass?
For VIC, guests are not allowed & free passes will be unavailable at this stage. For NSW, Guests privileges are now back, as well as Free Passes!
Will showers and rest & recovery lounges be available?
For VIC, these facilities will be temporarily unavailable. For NSW, Rest and recovery facilities such as Hydro Massage and Theragun are now available. Water Fountains are unavailable. Showers are available.
Are Crunch Opening Hours affected?
Crunch NSW Clubs are now open and have resumed normal trading hours. Please check VIC hours by Club. View OUR CLUBS.
What are the rules for Kidsbox?
Similar ruling for adults apply for children as well and Crunch Fitness is following the advice from NSW Health.
- 1 person per 4sqm. Kidsbox capacity is 7 people at any one time (including Kidsbox staff).
- Crunch is encouraging good hygiene by putting up signage promoting good hygiene in Kidsbox as well as the kids toilet.
- Limited sharing of equipment and toys.
- We are performing regular cleaning of Kidsbox including equipment.
- All children must be booked in to Kidsbox with their details recorded.
- If the child is sick, they cannot attend Kidsbox.
- Only parents or guardians can apply hand sanitser to their children. Washing hands with soap and water for 20secs is strong advised as a safe option.
- Hand Sanitiser and cleaning products will be kept out of reach of children.
Is Crunch Live still available for all members?
The fun doesn’t stop! ALL Crunch members will continue to have FREE access to Crunch Live online streaming workouts, so you can continue to Perspire To Greatness.
Can I still Come in for a casual visit?
For NSW, Yes! Casual Visits are back.
Is it safe to come back to the gym?
Absolutely! We’ve done all we can to prepare for your return and making sure your Club is SAFE, FRESH AND CLEAN:
- Cleaning & Maintenance. We've completed additional deep-cleaning and disinfecting of the entire gym, including all equipment and surfaces. Plus we've performed preventative maintenance on all equipment
- Additional Hygiene Equipment. We've added additional alcohol-based hand sanitisers at Club entry and increased the number of disinfecting equipment throughout the Club
- Social Safety Signage. We've introduced social safety signage and guidelines throughout the Club and applied social safety measures to gym and Cardio equipment
- Increased Hygiene Safety. We will increase our cleaning frequency, particularly in high traffic areas. There's also additional sanitising and disinfectant available throughout the club
We also need your help! The safety of you and our Crunch Family is always top priority, so we ask that upon your return:
- Be Safe & Healthy. If you are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms, please skip your workout and see a doctor immediately. Do not attend your Club
- Hygiene Safety. Please use a fresh towel every time you work out - no towel, no workout. Use hand sanitiser upon entry, wash your hands with soap before and after your workout and ensure you wipe down all equipment after use.
- Physical Distancing. Please maintain 1.5 meters from your fellow Crunchies on the gym floor, in class and the locker room. There will be signage throughout the Club and guidelines.
When will I be billed?
We can’t wait to start Crunching together again! For those of you in NSW, your membership subscription AUTOMATICALLY RESTARTED on the 13th June 2020 and your first billing date was the 19th June 2020.
For Victorian Crunchies, your membership subscription AUTOMATICALLY RESTARTED on the 22nd June 2020. Your first billing date was Friday, 26th June 2020 and will cover your access from the 22/6 to the 2/7. Due to mandatory Stage 3 Victorian restrictions coming in to effect 11.59pm Wednesday 8th July, we have put your membership on hold and there will be absolutely no charges to you at this time. As of All memberships including annual fees will be suspended and for upfront paid memberships, your end date will simply be extended. If you are a Crunch Highpoint member, your membership has already been paused since 1st July.
You will be credited any unused days from before the mandatory shutdown (happy dance). Your on-going membership fortnightly billing and annual fee if applicable will recommence as normal from the 3rd of July 2020.
And remember, as of 23/3/20 we put all current memberships on hold and there were absolutely NO CHARGES to you during our closure. Please note that due to the nature of our mandatory closure and the absence of staff from 12pm 23/03/20, any communication you may have sent us regarding your membership was unable to be processed. Once your Club is reopen, you can contact them directly if you still have any queries or requests – we’d love to help!
*Restrictions and details are constantly changing and being updated.