Get shredded with the perfect combination of high intensity cardio and strength training. Each workout is different and varied, to make sure you're always pushing your max, burning calories, getting stronger and more fit!
What is HIIT?
HIIT stands for 'High-intensity interval training'. It is a cardiovascular exercise strategy alternating between short periods of intense exercises, along with less intense recovery periods.
What can I expect in a HIIT class?
As these types of classes involve high-intensity movements, expect that heart rate to rise, fall, and then to rise again! This can leave you with a big calorie loss if paired well with healthy eating.
Expect to push yourself as you exercise in circuits, groups and individually. Your exercises will vary on the strengths of your instructor and what they feel is appropriate for the people they have in front of them.
Is HIIT suited to me?
HIIT is for everyone! No matter what your fitness level, you can achieve massive results & start to see improvements in your fitness. Plus, our instructors are always there to provide options if you need.
What are the health benefits of HIIT?
- Causes a decrease in the amount of ghrelin – an appetite-regulating hormone – which reduces your appetite.
- Regulates blood glucose level temporarily, which also brings your appetite down.
- Can Burn a Lot of Calories in a Short Amount of Time
- Your Metabolic Rate Is Higher for Hours After Exercise
- It Can Help You Lose Fat.
- You Might Gain Muscle Using HIIT.
- Can Improve Oxygen Consumption.
- Can Reduce Heart Rate & Blood Pressure.
- Blood Sugar Can Be Reduced.
What do I need to bring to a HIIT class?
BYO mat to all our Crunch classes and always bring a towel and water bottle. Other equipment will be used but is supplied by Crunch Fitness.