We’re super exer-cited to confirm that all NSW Clubs are NOW OPEN and have resumed normal Club trading hours.
VIC, long time no see! And gosh, have we missed you!!! Well done getting Victoria to reopening stage – we’re on the comeback and we’ve re-opened your Crunch Club as of Monday 9thNovember!
We have been planning for this moment for a long time and it’s finally here. Things will be a little different but while we wait for clearer instructions from the Victorian Government on limitations that will affect our opening. We’re doing all we can to ensure your safety, we promise a Fresh and Clean club filled with positivity over this first reopening phase, and we’re hopeful (and slightly confident) that the limitations imposed on us will change – it’s all part of the journey!
VICTORIAN REOPENING INFORMATION
We know you are eager to come back and crush your fitness goals and need you to keep safe by being aware of the current government requirements:
- As of Monday 23rd November there will be a capacity limit of 150 members working out at any given time.
- Group or class size up to 20 people.
- Bookings are now required, Crunch has an easy booking system where you can book in your gym session 24 hours in advance online or via the Crunch Australia app! As of Monday 23rd November, you do not have to book in for your gym session, however you will be required to book for classes up to 24 hours in advance for 1 class per day!
- Bookings need to be strictly monitored to make sure everyone can perspire to greatness! Please arrive 5 minutes early – if you’re over 5 minutes late to your booked time slot, your spot will be given to someone else.
- Free passes, all guest privileges, showers, hydro-massage and drink fountains are unavailable in this phase.
- Nunawading is open for Pre-enrolment only, but will be open for workouts December 4th!
- Please make sure you are following all Victorian social safety guidelines – don’t forget your mask and don’t forget your towel!
NSW REOPENING INFORMATION
To ensure your Club stays SAFE, FRESH and CLEAN, we’ve also evolved our policies and procedures to meet or exceed Government guidelines. But don’t worry Crunchie, we’re still making sure your fun never stops! Upon your return and during this Initial stage of Crunch reopening, you’ll notice the following:
- The use of some personal protective equipment by your Crunch Team who will undertake a pre-shift health check.
- Increased cleaning frequency by staff and our Hygiene Heroes, particularly in high traffic areas.
- (NSW) There are no capacity limits, wait times or limits on workout times (woo-hoo!). No bookings required.
- (NSW) Group Fitness classes are no longer limited to 20 people and class capacity is limited by the one person per 4sqm rule
- We’ve had to make some changes, please visit our online timetable for the latest schedule.
- There will be a register at front desk and you’ll be required to register before a Group Fitness class starts.
- Guest Privileges like Casual Visits & Free Passes are now available!
- Rest and Recovery (including Hydro Massage and Theragun) are now available.
- Water fountains are temporarily unavailable.
- Crèche is now available.
- Spray Tanning is temporarily suspended.
WE NEED YOU BACK!
Thank you for standing by Crunch at this time, we can’t do this without you. Please be kind, considerate and mindful of our team and each other as we navigate this new way. Together we can make 2020 the best COMEBACK year of all time!! So grab your workout buddies, hey – we are all in this together - set some BIG goals, and let’s get MOVING AGAIN!
WHAT CRUNCH HAS DONE
During our mandatory closure, your Crunch Team has been busy! We’ve done all we can to prepare for your return and making sure your Club is SAFE, FRESH AND CLEAN. Here are just a few things that we’ve completed while we were closed so that you can get back to your workouts safely.
- Completed additional deep-cleaning and disinfecting of the entire gym, including all equipment and surfaces.
- Performed preventative maintenance and applied social safety measures to gym and Cardio equipment.
- Added additional alcohol-based hand sanitisers at Club entry.
- Increased the amount of disinfecting equipment throughout the Club.
- Introduced social safety signage and guidelines throughout the Club.
- Trained our staff to ensure they are aware of all new Crunch procedures.
WHAT WE'RE ASKING YOU TO DO
The safety of you and our Crunch Family is always top priority, so we ask that upon your return:
- If you are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms, please skip your workout and see a doctor immediately. Do not attend your club.
- Please use a fresh towel every time you work out. No towel, no workout.
- Please feel free to workout with gloves for your safety.
- Use hand sanitiser upon entry and wash your hands with soap before and after your workout.
- Wipe down all equipment after use.
- Maintain 1.5 meters from your fellow Crunchies on the gym floor, in class and the locker room (1 person 4 sqm at all times).
- Be Kind: Help keep Crunch a place where people can relieve their stress and anxiety, safely with No Judgments.
- We’ve got plenty of smiles, but no fist bumps right now.
GROUP FITNESS CLASSES (NSW ONLY)
All Crunch Clubs will be prepared to manage the total number of people in each class through use of a registration sheet that will be checked by the instructor at the start of the class. Here's what we're asking our Crunch members to do:
- Members to register for a class no more than 15 min prior by advising reception of the class they wish to attend and provide their membership card to be validated
- If the member is a peak or summit member they will be added to the list unless the class has hit the capacity limit
- Instructors will collect the registration sheet prior to class and check attendance before they start
- If members are present in the class and they are not on the list and the class is over capacity they will be asked to leave.
***Bring your own mat, water bottle and towel***
Similar ruling for adults apply for children as well and Crunch Fitness is following the advice from NSW Health.
- 1 person per 4sqm. Kidsbox capacity is 7 people at any one time (including Kidsbox staff).
- Crunch is encouraging good hygiene by putting up signage promoting good hygiene in Kidsbox as well as the kids toilet.
- Limited sharing of equipment and toys.
- We are performing regular cleaning of Kidsbox including equipment.
- All children must be booked in to Kidsbox with their details recorded.
- If the child is sick, they cannot attend Kidsbox.
- Only parents or guardians can apply hand sanitser to their children. Washing hands with soap and water for 20secs is strong advised as a safe option.
- Hand Sanitiser and cleaning products will be kept out of reach of children.
YOUR MEMBERSHIP SUBSCRIPTION
We can’t wait to start Crunching together again! For those of you in NSW, your membership subscription AUTOMATICALLY RESTARTED on the 13th June 2020 and your first billing date was the 19th June 2020.
You will be credited any unused days from before the first mandatory shutdown (happy dance). Your on-going membership fortnightly billing and annual fee if applicable will recommence as normal from the 3rd of July 2020.
And remember, as of 23/3/20 we put all current memberships on hold and there were absolutely NO CHARGES to you during our closure. Please note that due to the nature of our mandatory closure and the absence of staff from 12pm 23/03/20, any communication you may have sent us regarding your membership was unable to be processed
For Victorian Crunchies, Don’t worry, we have put your membership on hold and there will be absolutely no charges to you at this time. All memberships including annual fees will be suspended and for upfront paid memberships, your end date will simply be extended. If you are a Crunch Highpoint member, your membership has already been paused since 1st July. Due to the nature of our mandatory closure and the absence of staff, we won’t be able to process any other changes to your membership at this time, but all you need is taken care of.
Things are constantly changing – we will make sure we update you every step of the way. Make sure you're following us on social for the latest Club reopening updates, and make sure you tell your mates! We’ll continue to keep you updated with any changes, and you can also stay up to date on social. And remember, you can keep moving at home with Crunch Live (FREE for all Crunchies!)
We’re so excited to finally get Crunch open again, thanks for standing by Crunch at this time as we work hard to get things back up and running again - we can’t do this without you!!
PLEASE BE KIND, CONSIDERATE AND MINDFUL TOWARDS OUR TEAM AND OTHERS AS WE NAVIGATE THIS NEW WAY TOGETHER.
We trust that everything will work out just fine!
See you soon!
Your Crunch Team
*Restrictions and details are constantly changing and being updated.