What is HIIT?
High-intensity interval training, is a form of interval training, a cardiovascular exercise strategy alternating short periods of intense anaerobic exercise with less intense recovery periods, until too exhausted to continue. Classes such as 360Warrior, Ultimate Conditioning, Tabata and more are considered HIIT workouts.
What are the health benefits of HIIT?
- Causes a decrease in the amount of ghrelin – an appetite-regulating hormone – which reduces your appetite.
- Regulates blood glucose level temporarily, which also brings your appetite down.
- Can Burn a Lot of Calories in a Short Amount of Time
- Your Metabolic Rate Is Higher for Hours After Exercise
- It Can Help You Lose Fat.
- You Might Gain Muscle Using HIIT.
- Can Improve Oxygen Consumption.
- Can Reduce Heart Rate & Blood Pressure.
- Blood Sugar Can Be Reduced.
What are the best HIIT exercises?
Some of the best HIIT exercises are Circuit City Sweat, 360 Warrior, Killer Core, Tabata & Ninja Warrior!
Is HIIT for beginners?
HIIT is for everyone! The trick is to pace yourself. No matter what your fitness level, you can achieve massive results & start to see improvements in your health & fitness.
What is a HIIT class like?
You can expect to sweat! It is a high-intensity workout where you perform a sequence of exercises in an interval training style. It incorporates a cardiovascular exercise strategy alternating short periods of intense anaerobic exercise with less intense recovery periods, until too exhausted to continue.
Read our blog on HIIT & LISS Cardio to find out more information on High Intensity Interval Training.
Learn more about Crunch HIIT classes