Want a tight & toned core? You’re not alone. Getting a strong, defined tum is at the top of every gym-goer’s list. There’s an easy method to scoring a flat stomach & it’s all about discipline and healthy eating as well as core-focused exercises. We’ve put together a list of our favourite exercises to help you get those washboard abs & lose belly fat!
Exercises to lose belly fat
1. Walk-out Pushups. Bend over at the hip until your hands are touching the floor, shoulder-width apart. Walk your hands forward until your body is in a pushup position. Complete a pushup, then walk your hands back towards your feet & return to standing position. Repeat 20 times.
2. Bicycle Crunch. Start by lying on your back & pull your left knee towards your chest with your right leg extended in the air at a 45-degree angle. Make sure your head & shoulder blades are elevated off the floor, hands behind your head & elbows wide. Rotate your torso towards your left knee & reverse the position of your legs while rotating your torso to the right knee. Repeat this 15 times.
3. Front Bridge to T. Start in a plank position. Lift one arm off the ground and reach towards the sky twisting your body to face perpendicular to the floor. Your body will form a T shape. Return to the plank position and repeat this movement on the other side. Repeat 20 times.
4. Leg Raises. Lying on your back, lift your legs in the air at a 90-degree angle with your arms by your side flat on the mat. Keeping your lower back on the floor, slowly lower your legs to hover off the ground and raise them back up to hip level. Squeeze your core while you perform this movement. Repeat 20 times.
5. Spiderman Abs. Start off in a plank position. Lift your knee to the outside of your body & aim to touch your elbow and hold. Return to your starting position & then repeat this on the other side. Do 5 sets of 10.
6. Alternating toe touch. Lying on your back, extend your legs in the air at a 45-degree angle and arm straight out to sides. Raising your right leg up, lift your torso to touch toes with left hand. Return to your starting position, then repeat on the other side. Do 20 reps.
HOW DO YOU GET STARTED?
You can perform strength training at home or in the gym. There are a variety of exercises you can perform to help build lean muscle mass; bodyweight, free weights & weight machines. Crunch Fitness provides all the necessary equipment & classes to help improve your strength. Check out Crunch Live!
IMPROVE YOUR FITNESS PLAN AT CRUNCH FITNESS
Here at Crunch, we’ve got tons of weights, rows of cardio & loads of equipment available from treadmills to cross-trainers and rowers for you to check out! Our certified world-class personal trainers are here to help you and make you feel confident with your fitness journey!
Crunch Fitness Virtual Assistant